Keep your jackets and sweaters at home, because what you’ll really need for your Bintan getaway is light, breathable clothing like cotton tops, shorts, and lightweight sundresses. The general concept to keep in mind when packing your Bintan wardrobe is comfortable clothing that will wick away at sweat when you travel around the island. On top of this, don’t miss out on packing swimwear that is quick-drying, as well as sarongs, kaftans, or other clothing to slip on top of your swimwear when you’re not frolicking in the ocean.
For when you’re not at the beach, bring along some fancier clothing for that romantic dinner date or cruise with your loved one. Don’t bring anything too elaborate though, or it might get uncomfortable in the heat. If you can bring clothing items that can change in style depending on what you pair with it, even better! Lastly, don’t forget to bring along adequate underwear, especially if you’re planning to spend a lot of time at the beach or by the pool — think 2-3 pairs for every day you will be at Bintan.
Leave your stilettos and boots at home and bring along your flip-flops, flats, and sandals instead! You definitely want to be comfortable when you stroll by the beach and not get sand on your feet. Sneakers or canvas shoes are a good choice too, especially when visiting non-beach/non-water attractions. That being said, don’t go crazy and pack 10 different types of footwear; you’ll want to travel light in this warm climate, so just bring along one or two pairs that can match all your outfits.
Be prepared for post-beach and post-pool showers during your Bintan getaway by packing travel-sized bottles of shower foam, shampoo, and conditioner if your hotel does not already provide these. If you stay with us at Club Med Bintan, you won’t have to worry about getting through airport security with multiple bottles of liquids, as we will provide them together with slippers and hair dryers as well!
Other than the basics above, remember to also pack your skincare items. No need to pack every item on your 10-step skincare routine though! It may help to reduce your routine to less items during your holiday or opt for multipurpose products so that you can spend more of your time enjoying what Bintan has to offer. The most important skincare item you must bring along is… you guessed it: sunscreen! Make sure you bring along one that is SPF50 and above for optimum protection when you are out and about especially at the seaside or on boats. It’s difficult to find the cosmetics you may be used to here, so be sure to pack some key makeup items for those glowing OOTDs you are going to post on Instagram.
These items are not must-haves per se, but they would definitely enhance your Bintan getaway if you bring them along:
- A portable Bluetooth speaker for when you want to blast your favourite tunes as you lounge on the beach or hang out by the pool
- Giant floats to take pictures with or chill on when in the pool
- Beach toys if you are bringing along young children to your Bintan getaway
- Medication for simple health upsets that may happen - fever, flu, cough, stomachache, diarrhoea, and nausea medications as well as aloe vera for sunburns are good things to pack
- Hats and sunglasses to keep yourself more protected from the sun
- A good-quality, waterproof camera for those underwater action shots. At Club Med, we allow guests to rent GoPros and we will even help you stitch together footage afterwards!
- Bags to store your items for when you are out exploring Bintan (ideally waterproof)
- A waterproof case for your cellphone
Last but not least, be sure to bring along a luggage bag that is sturdy and can contain all your items nicely without anything breaking on the way to, at, or on the way back from Bintan. Make sure you bring a large enough one to store any souvenirs you want to bring back from your stay on this beautiful island. We wish you a wonderful Bintan getaway!